CHAPTER 1 CHALLENGES OF NATION BUILDING 7
CHAPTER 2 ERA OF ONE PARTY DOMINANCE 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 3 POLITICS OF PLANNED DEVELOPMENT 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 4 INDIA’S EXTERNAL RELATIONS 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 5 CHALLENGES TO AND RESTORATION OF THE CONGRESS SYSTEM 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 6 THE CRISIS OF DEMOCRATIC ORDER 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 7 THE CRISIS OF DEMOCRATIC ORDER 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 8 THE CRISIS OF DEMOCRATIC ORDER 0No items in this section
CHAPTER 9 RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN INDIAN POLITICS 0No items in this section
HYDERABAD AND MANIPUR ACCESSION
About ‘Hyderabad’ Princely State:
- Largest, Location
- Rular, Nizam wanted an independent status. So did standstill agreement with India in November, 1947 for one year.
- But a movement (by peasants of Telangana), gathered force then women joined.
- Hyderabad town was centre, The Communists and the Hyderabad Congress were in the forefront.
- The Nizam deployed the Razakars (para-military force, atrocious, & communal So they targeted particularly the non-muslims for murdered, maimed, raped and looted)
- Operation POLO: For tackle situation, Central government ordered (September 1948) Indian army. Nizam surrendered after fight.
- Before Independence Maharaja, Bodhachandra Singh , signed the Instrument of Accession (After assurance of internal autonomy)
- But Public opinion pressurized the Maharaj so he held elections in June 1948 and Manipur became constitutional monarchy.
- Manipur was the first part of India to hold an election based on universal adult franchise.
- After election (June 1948) Legislative Assembly faced sharp differences (State Congress vs others) over the question of merge.
- Without consulting the legislative, Indian government pressurised (Sept. 1949) the maharaja to sign for accession.
- This caused a lot of anger and resentment in Manipur, the repercussions of which are still being felt.
To join Crash Course: Click Here
NCERT 12th POLITICS IN INDIA SINCE INDEPENDENCE CBSE book: Free Download
NCERT 12th CONTEMPORARY WORLD POLITICS Textbook: Free Download
NCERT 12th SAMKALIN VISHWA RAJNITI Textbook: Free Download
NCERT 12th SWATANTRA BHARAT MEIN RAJNITI CBSE book: Free Download
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒ Follow us: ⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
♥ Facebook: – https://www.facebook.com/ncertjunction/
♥ Skype: – https://join.skype.com/Y0n7PswqY6Q7
♥ Twitter: – https://twitter.com/Ncertj
♥ Linkedin: – https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncert-junction/
♥ Telegram: – https://t.me/NcertJunction
♥ Pinterest: – https://in.pinterest.com/junction0696/boards/
♥ Website NCERT JUNCTION: – http://ncertjunction.com
♥ Instagram: – https://www.instagram.com/ncertjunction/
♥ WhatsApp पर +91 95401 77026 से चैट करें : https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=919540177026&text=I%27m%20interested%20in%20your%20course%20for%20sale&source=&data=&app_absent