GEOGRAPHY FOR CLASS XI STUDY ONLINE
GEOGRAPHY FOR CLASS XI has 2 books:
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY provides a wide range of concepts and advanced information regarding the subject which includes all the questions provided in the CBSE Class 10, 9, 8, & 6th Geography Syllabus.
INDIA: PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT provides a wide range of concepts and advanced information regarding Indian physical phenomena.
Geography concentrates on how universe, galaxy, star, planets evolve and origin of the earth also. In this subject Fundamentals of physical geography, we also study about earthquakes, Volcanoes, and various kinds of other concepts.
- Understanding of some basic geographical concepts through which we will be more aware about earth and other planets.
SALIENT FEATURES OF COURSE:
- Each Topic has been written and explained in accordance with the latest guideline issued by CBSE.
- The Concepts have been systematically explained through the use of Diagrams, tables, and examples.
- HOTS Questions with answers have been given at the end of each chapter to enhance the student’s understanding, analytical ability, and interpretation.
- A Quiz of Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ) with answers has been given at the end of Lecture.
- Questions of NCERT TEXTBOOK also discussed with explanations.
- VALUE-BASED Questions with answers have been given in the revision section.
- Practical Problems have been a weightage of 30 marks in the examination. To have a Complete edge, a large number of comprehensive solved and unsolved practical problems have been discussed in our lectures.
- Power Booster Section has been provided for the knowledge enrichment of the students.
- This course consist also revision section in which we discuss:
DETAILED SYLLABUS: GEOGRAPHY (New Syllabus in 2021-2022)
CLASS – XI (2021-22) Theory: 70 Marks Duration:3 Hours Project: 30 Marks
|Units||Topic or Chapter||Marks||Periods|
|Part A||Fundamentals of Physical Geography||35|
|Unit-1||Geography as a discipline|
|Unit-5||Water (Oceans) – OTBA|
|Unit-6||Life on the Earth|
|Map and Diagram||5|
|Part B||India – Physical Environment||35|
|Unit-9||Climate, vegetation and soil|
|Unit-10||Natural hazards and Disasters|
|Map and Diagram||5|
|Part C||Project Work||30|
Unit-1: Geography as a Discipline
- Geography as an integrating discipline, as a science of spatial attributes.
- Branches of Geography; Physical Geography and Human Geography.
- Scope and Career Options
Unit-2: The Earth
- Origin and evolution of the earth; Interior of the earth.
- Wegener’s continental drift theory and plate tectonics.
- Earthquakes and volcanoes: causes, types and effects.
- Rocks: major types of rocks and their characteristics.
- Landforms and their evolution.
- Geomorphic processes: weathering, mass wasting, erosion and deposition; soil-formation.
Unit 4: Climate
- Atmosphere- composition and structure; elements of weather and climate.
- Insolation-angle of incidence and distribution; heat budget of the earth-heating and cooling of atmosphere (conduction, convection, terrestrial radiation and advection); temperature- factors controlling temperature; distribution of temperature-horizontal and vertical; inversion of temperature.
- Pressure-pressure belts; winds-planetary, seasonal and local; air masses and fronts; tropical and extratropical cyclones.
- Precipitation-evaporation; condensation-dew, frost, fog, mist and cloud; rainfall-types and world distribution.
- World climates-classification (Koeppen and Thornthwaite), Global warming and climatic changes.
- Climate and Global Concerns.
Unit 5: Hydrosphere
- Basics of Oceanography
- Oceans – distribution of temperature and salinity.
- Movements of ocean water-waves, tides and currents; submarine reliefs.
- Ocean resources and pollution.
Unit 6: Biosphere
- Biosphere – importance of plants and other organisms; biodiversity and conservation; ecosystem and ecological balance.
Map work on identification of features based on 1 to 6 units on the outline/Physical/Political map of the world.
To join Course for Fundamentals of Physical Geography for Class XI: Click Here
Part – B: India – Physical Environment
- Location, space relations, India’s place in the world.
- Structure and Relief; Physiographic Divisions.
- Drainage systems: Concept of river basins, Watershed; the Himalayan and the Peninsular rivers.
Unit-9: Climate, Vegetation and Soil
- Weather and climate – spatial and temporal distribution of temperature, pressure winds and rainfall, Indian monsoon: mechanism, onset and withdrawal, variability of rainfalls: spatial and temporal; use of weather charts; Climatic types (Koeppen).
- Natural vegetation-forest types and distribution; wild life; conservation; biosphere reserves.
- Soils – major types (ICAR’s classification) and their distribution, soil degradation and conservation.
Unit-10: Hazards and Disasters: Causes, Consequences and Management
- Floods, Cloudbursts
- Droughts: types and impact
- Earthquakes and Tsunami
- Cyclones: features and impact
To join Course for India-Physical Environment for Class XI: Click Here
Map Work of features based on above units for locating and labelling on the Outline/Political/Physical map of India.
Part – C: Practical Work
Unit-1: Fundamentals of Maps
- Geo spatial data, Concept of Geographical data matrix; Point, line, area data.
- Maps – types; scales-types; construction of simple linear scale, measuring distance; finding direction and use of symbols.
- Map projection – Latitude, longitude and time, typology, construction and properties of projection: Conical with one standard parallel and Mercator’s projection. (only two projections)
Unit 2: Topographic and Weather Maps
- Study of topographic maps (1:50,000 or 1:25,000 Survey of India maps); contour cross section and identification of landforms-slopes, hills, valleys, waterfall, cliffs; distribution of settlements.
- Aerial Photographs: Types and Geometry-vertical aerial photographs; difference between maps and aerial photographs; photo scale determination. Identification of physical and cultural features.
- Satellite imageries, stages in remote sensing data-acquisition, platform and sensors and data products, (photographic and digital).
- Use of weather instruments: thermometer, wet and dry-bulb thermometer, barometer, wind vane, rain gauge.
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒ Follow us: ⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
♥ Facebook: – https://www.facebook.com/ncertjunction/
♥ Skype: – https://join.skype.com/Y0n7PswqY6Q7
♥ Twitter: – https://twitter.com/Ncertj
♥ Linkedin: – https://www.linkedin.com/in/ncert-junction/
♥ Telegram: – https://t.me/NcertJunction
♥ Pinterest: – https://in.pinterest.com/junction0696/boards/
♥ Website: – http://ncertjunction.com
♥ Instagram: – https://www.instagram.com/ncertjunction/
♥ WhatsApp पर +91 95401 77026 से चैट करें : https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=919540177026&text=I%27m%20interested%20in%20your%20course%20for%20sale&source=&data=&app_absent=